Dublin Arts Council facility is closed – but art is not cancelled
[LAST UPDATED: May 2, 2020]
The Dublin Arts Council facility is currently closed to the public. Our dedicated staff is working remotely and will be accessible via email and through Dublin Arts Council’s voicemail system, which delivers messages remotely in real time. We will announce the timeline for reopening as soon as is advised.
Current programming updates:
• The exhibition Rod Bouc: Earth and Sky will be on view from the date we reopen, until June 5. You can take a virtual tour of the exhibition here.
• Our Garden Party fundraiser has been rescheduled for Aug. 28, 2020. Tickets are on sale here.
• The Sundays at Scioto summer concert series has been cancelled, but all artists have committed to performing in 2021. Details can be found here.
• Summer ARTcamps are either being cancelled or reformatted for online instruction. Registrants are being contacted and refunds are being processed.
• Our next Art & Wellness Discovery Event: CONNECT is scheduled to take place on Saturday, Sept. 26. Details are here.
Art is essential, now more than ever – to remind us of our better selves and to help us support each other with creativity and compassion. During this unprecedented time of social isolationism, people across the world are utilizing the arts to bridge connection and healing. We encourage interaction (when recommended) with our Public Art Cell Phone Tour and our geocaching-inspired Riverboxes.
We’ve also collected a variety of inspiring ideas and activities to help you #BeCreative. From crafts to challenges, virtual experiences to mindfulness resources, you can learn more here.
Please save your “art”ifacts created at home, or photos of artwork you’ve discovered in the community. As soon as we are cleared to safely gather in person, we’ll be hosting a community exhibition of artwork created during this time.
If you go outside, be sure to follow recommendations from Ohio Department of Health and practice the CDC’s recommended guidelines for disinfecting and social distancing. Anyone exhibiting signs of fever, cough or sore throat, should stay at home to minimize the virus’ spread.
Please call us at 614.889.7444 to leave a message for a staff member, or email us with any questions.
dublin arts council adopts strategic plan
Dublin Arts Council has adopted a strategic plan to guide organizational initiatives from 2019 – 2021. Click here to download a PDF copy of the plan.
dublin: a sense of place
Dublin: A Sense of Place was a research project designed to obtain information from the community to identify values, characteristics, resources and assets that communicate the character of Dublin, Ohio. The research will be used to inform themes for public artwork, projects, initiatives and infrastructure in the community and in grant opportunities for creative placemaking. To view a presentation of highlighted results, please click here.
support the arts in dublin
The arts are more important than ever. Please consider a making a contribution via our online portal today Dublin Arts Council engages the community, cultivates creativity and fosters life-long learning through the arts.