Nero3 Riverbox was created in 2011 by Giancarlo Calicchia as part of the Riverbox Tributary project.
Park adjacent to the administrative offices (the big white barn).
- Begin your trek at the “Web Junktion” accessible playground.
- Continue your stroll between the two playgrounds.
- The train may have left, but you can still visit the junction.
- Walk to the place you’d be waiting for a ride.
- Hurry to catch the caboose.
- The light on the barn will guide your way
Artist and Credits:
Nero3 Riverbox was created by artist Giancarlo Calicchia of Cleveland. “The soul of the earth is stone,” says Calicchia, who is also a geocacher. “My aesthetic and conceptual approach to art is based on my early childhood in the mountains of Italy. I’ve known nothing more inspiring and more graceful than the earth that we walk on. Urban art must tie into the natural environment that sustains us. I was born on a traditional Italian farm where everything we wore or consumed was grown or made on site. My passion as an artist is a continuation of this tradition …”
Calicchia works in natural materials, primarily stone. His artwork can be found in Italy, Mexico, Haiti, the U.S. and Canada.