Amberleigh Community Park
4715 Vista Ridge Drive
Amberleigh Community Park is located in the Amberleigh neighborhood south of Glick Road. Turn east onto Memorial Drive from Dublin Road, then Memorial Drive turns into Vista Ridge Drive. Amberleigh Community park is on the east side of the street.
N 40° 8.472′
W 83° 7.270′
The Forest Witch and the Witless Fellow, Finnian was created by artist Sharon Dorsey in 2016 and is located in Amberleigh Community Park.
- Park to the east of the shelter house in the lot. Walk north past the loop in the road and onto the concrete path.
- Continue north across the footbridge, then head onto the wooded trail.
- Continue north until you see a small log bench on your left. There will be a fork in the road. Choose the route that takes you closer to the Scioto River.
- A tiny stream will cut through your path. Carefully hop over to the other side!
- Continue forward to where the path begins to bend left.
- A small pathway on your left will lead you to a rather unfortunate fellow.
Artist and Credits:
Sharon Dorsey is a Cincinnati native who now calls Columbus home. She feels that Columbus has provided a great environment to develop her own art-making, which has led to a commission to create public sculptures in the community from Columbus Recreation and Parks Department and Dublin Arts Council. Sharon is the Program Director of Open Door Art Studio & Gallery, a non-profit creative space for adults with developmental disabilities. She appreciates the rich creative community and supportive central Ohio arts scene.
Sharon was very excited to be selected to be a part of the ever-expanding Riverboxes program. In her words, “Having a permanent work of art draped by nature is a dream come true. I chose a spot covered in moss because I love the idea of perpetual greenness. I love that one form of nature can feed upon another, which then feeds upon another – symbiosis upon symbiosis. I also love how our imaginations go wild in these environments. We invent stories, and these stories beget a life of their own. Creative minds feeding upon the sounds, smells… the canopy of the natural world.”
- Artist Interview [Contains Riverbox Spoilers]